- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation);
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- Information that you provide us in the form of a wish list, favorite procedures, or favorite before and after photo images.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, requesting information by using a web form, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- Any other information that you choose to send to us;
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We may share your information with another third party outside of our organization, if necessary to fulfill your request (e.g. to ship an order) or to facilitate our organization in managing our website.
Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about specials, or new products or services.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers.
- Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We may accept orders and, if we do, we request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (e.g. name and shipping address) and financial information (e.g. credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to login a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
- We do not honor the Do Not Track (DNT) web browser privacy preference at this time.
ADWORDS AND REMARKETING
We may use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise www.hessplasticsurgery.com across the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network, in Google Search Results, and on other web sites, including others owned by Google.
- AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the www.hessplasticsurgery.com website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser.
- This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device.
- The cookie is used to indicate to other websites that “This person visited a particular page, so show them ads relating to that page.”
- Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
- If you do not wish to see ads from www.hessplasticsurgery.com you can opt out in several ways:
We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. We may also:
- Use an outside shipping company to ship orders,
- Use a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
- Partner with another party to provide specific services. We will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
IN ADDITION, WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
SURVEYS & CONTESTS
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Effective: May 1, 2016
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Rights & Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
As of April 14, 2003, we are required under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to maintain the privacy of your health information, and to provide you with this Notice of Privacy Rights & Practices.
This document explains in detail how we use your Protected Health Information (PHI) which is any information about you that could identify you, your past, present, or future physical or mental health condition(s). Your acknowledgement of receipt of this document will be required the first time you receive services after April 14, 2003, at Hess Plastic Surgery.
Examples of how we can use and disclose your information without your authorization include:
- Treatment – we keep a record of each visit and/or admission. These records may include your test results, diagnoses, medications or other therapies. These records are used and disclosed to allow doctors, nurses, spiritual care and other health care and clinical staff providers to offer high quality care to meet your needs.
- Payment – we maintain a record of and may use and disclose information related to, services and supplies you receive at each visit and/or admission, so that we can be paid by you, an insurance company, or a third party. We may tell your health plan and other payors about an upcoming treatment or service, which requires their prior approval and authorization.
- Health Care Operations – we use and disclose your medical information to improve the services we provide, to train staff and students, for business management, and for customer service purposes.
- Your information may be shared amongst Hess Plastic Surgery, other health care providers, third party payors and our Business Associates to facilitate treatment, payment or health care operations.
ADDITIONAL USES AND DISCLOSURES:
There are additional times when we are permitted or required to use/disclose medical information without your permission. These circumstances are listed below:
- In emergency treatment situations
- If required by law
- To assist incommunicative patients
- For law enforcement
- For reporting child/elder/disabled persons abuse or neglect
- For public health activities (tracking diseases or medical devices)
- For organ donations
- For health oversight activities such as fraud investigations
- To Workers’ Compensation if you are injured at work
- For certain judicial or administrative proceedings
- To coroners, medical examiners and funeral directors
- For government functions such as national security & intelligence
- To a correctional institution if you are an inmate
- For research following an appropriate review or waiver of authorization for subject rercruitment application
- To avert serious threat to public health or safety authorization by an institutional review board to ensure protection of information
- We may also use your information without your permission to:
- Recommend treatment alternatives
- Tell you about health benefits and/or services
- Send or call you with appointment reminders
- Ask you to make a charitable gift
- List your name, location, and general condition in the patient directory for the duration of your stay
- List your religious affiliation in the patient directory provided to clergy for the duration of your stay
- To communicate with those involved in your care
- Except as otherwise permitted by law, all other uses and disclosures not described above will require your signed authorization. You may revoke any authorization you provide at any time by delivering a written statement directly to the Privacy Officer, except to the extent that we have already taken action in reliance on your authorization.
- Please know that federal and state law requires special privacy protections for certain highly confidential information about you including but not limited to:
- Psychotherapy notes
- Mental health and developmental disabilities services
- Alcohol and drug abuse prevention, treatment and referral
- HIV/AIDS testing, diagnosis or treatment
- Venereal disease(s)
- Genetic testing
- Child, elder and disabled persons abuse and neglect, and sexual assault.
- In order for us to disclose your Highly Confidential Information for a purpose other than those permitted by law, we must obtain your written authorization.
YOUR RIGHTS: Under HIPAA, you have the right to request in writing:
- Restrictions on how we use or disclose your medical information.
- Confidential communications to an alternate phone or address other than your home.
- Access to your medical information to review and obtain a copy, subject to federal and state laws (fees may apply).
- An amendment to your medical information if you feel you or your health care provider need to make additions or corrections.
- An accounting of disclosures of your medical information for purposes other than treatment, payment, health care operations or made pursuant to an authorization.
- A paper copy of this Notice even if you have received it electronically.
- A revocation of any specific authorization obtained in connection with your privacy, such as for marketing and research.
- While we will consider all requests for privacy restrictions carefully, we are not required to agree to any requested restrictions.
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES: We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your medical information, to provide you with this written Notice of Privacy Rights and Practices, and to abide by the terms of the Notice currently in effect. We reserve the right to change this Notice and our privacy practices and make the new provisions effective for all information we maintain. Revised Notices will be posted in our facilities and offices, and will be available from your direct treatment provider.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: If you would like further information about your privacy rights, are concerned that we have violated your privacy rights or disagree with a decision that we made about access to your PHI, you may contact our Privacy Officer at the address or phone number below.
You may also file written complaints with the Director, Office for Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Upon request, the Privacy Officer will provide you with the correct address for the Director. We will not retaliate against you if you file a complaint with us or with the Director.
Hess Plastic Surgery and its employees are committed to protecting patient privacy.